Exclude any of the below options from the search results:Hide this job Hide jobs with titles like this Hide jobs from Education Plus Hide jobs in this location
- Education Plus
- Competitive + Very Competitive
- North West London
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
Job title: Young Parent Senior Supported Housing Officer
1. PURPOSE OF JOB:
Promote a vibrant culture with an uncompromising commitment to excellence and fully integrated support and development services, reflecting the needs of those accessing the service.
Lead a small team of staff to work effectively with vulnerable young people, their children and extended family units, ensuring that their work is of outstanding enduring quality. Be part of an outcome-focused team that is responsive to young families and commissioners. Work to ensures services consistently reflect best practice are financially viable and offer outstanding value for money.
Work with line management and staff to ensure that performance targets and contractual requirements are met and exceeded. Support staff to ensure that all related data for young person and their child is recorded accurately and that the service meets all QAF requirements are met in a timely and planned manner.
Work positively with all local stakeholders including commissioners, providers, local community groups and young people
2. DIRECTLY REPORTS TO:
* Service Manager/Area Manager
3. RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF:
* Supported Housing Officer/Supported Housing Assistants/Reception staff/Administrators and Volunteers.
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Maximise rental income and minimise losses by managing rent account, lettings and referrals to the highest standard. Ensuring that all staff are aware of service targets and that rental income and management of rent arrears is performance managed, adhering to all our policies and procedures.
* Train and support staff to understand the necessity and importance of benefit claims being completed accurately, promptly and maintained in order to maximise young people's income.
* Ensure the service operates within its allocated budget as part of this you will be expected to produce a draft the budget on an annual basis. You will also ensure all onsite finances are handled, monitored and recorded accurately; including petty cash and rental statements in accordance with our procedures.
* Ensure that IPOS is completed in a timely way.
* Inspire and enable staff to perform well; both as individuals and as part of a team; by being professional and empowering.
* Provider regular structured support and adhere to our 1:1 meetings procedures, appraisal policy. Ensure that poor performance is managed tightly, and identify learning and development needs and respond appropriately in consultation with our Learning and Development Team.
* Ensure the implementation and adherence of our polices and procedures across the service.
Support Services and Service Delivery
* Develop and foster positive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders; representing our professionally at a variety of levels in the local community.
* Create positive move on opportunities and support for young people and their family units. Ensuring that any information is shared with partner agencies is within the terms of local information sharing protocols and in line with
our policies and contractual requirements.
* Assist in the management and co-ordination of the activities of the service, including management of staff team, locum workers and volunteers, so that the service runs efficiently and effectively, making the best possible use of financial and human resources.
* Prepare high quality professional reports for internal and external stakeholders when requested in a timely manner.
* Ensure that all aspects of young person and their child's files and service files meet our required professional standard and that all aspects of the Data Protection Act followed. Lead staff so they maintain precise and up-to-date client related paperwork and databases.
* Ensure that all support offered to young people and their families is delivered in line with contractual obligations and in accordance with best practice models.
* Respond, and ensure staff team respond, in a suitable manner to the welfare of young people including child protection, domestic violence and vulnerable adult issues: in accordance with requirements and our policies and procedures.
* Facilitate and empower young families' access to and take up of other support services linking into local community services where possible.
* Ensure that all young people accessing the service have wide ranging opportunities to participate in the service development; liaising with other departments i.e. Participation as required.
* Ensure the premises are maintained to a high standard and meet all legal and statutory requirements to operate safely, effectively and efficiently. Ensure that all maintenance needs are reported and progressed in accordance with agreed timeframes.
* To work as part of a team to prepare voids for letting, this may include some cleaning duties.
* Celebrate diversity by ensuring that all Equal Opportunities and diversity polices and anti discriminatory practices are adhered to.
* To carry out any other reasonable requests by management, consistent with the nature and grade of the role.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Triple P qualification or simlar parenting support; NVQ 3 or other professional qualification in related field.
2. Strong written and verbal communication. IT skills necessary to undertake all administrative and reporting requirements.
3. Up-to-date knowledge of welfare rights and other legal information that may affect vulnerable client groups, able to advise young people on these resources.
4. Ability to undertake holistic support needs and risk assessments of young people and their family unit; able to identify appropriate support for them
5. An understanding of child development and the impact of external factors on it
6. Able to engage with children, young people and their families
7. Ability to understand the nature of our and it's financing, and monitor a budget using a computerized system.
8. A strong and demonstrable commitment to promoting our approach to equality and diversity in all work undertaken.
9. An understanding of sageguarding issues in relation to young families
1. Previous experience of supervision to volunteers / student placements would be advantageous.
2. Relevant experience working with vulnerable families in a supportive setting, including supported housing, social care, health care.
3. Experience of running parenting programmes or supporting new families
4. Previous experience of effectively working with support programmes that improve the social skills and life skills of a vulnerable client group
charity floating support triple p young people vulnerable housing challenging charity social work support
- Has Hoosain
Your application for ‘Young Parent Senior Supported Housing Officer’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!