Part-Time School Business Manager required in Barnet
At Engage Education Services, we've specialised in recruiting education staff to work in all kinds of roles in schools for over a decade. We're currently looking for an enthusiastic School Business Manager to work full-time at a fantastic school in Barnet.
Salary: £39,951 to £44,019 Pro rata
Hours: Flexible working hours up to 28 hours per week and working weeks up to 44 weeks annually (51.7 weeks including holidays and bank holidays). This is not remote working.
Our team has built an excellent reputation in the local area, and we're looking for more high-quality Business Management professionals to work with these schools and ensure they continue to run smoothly.
We are looking for an innovative, efficient and cost effective business manager to lead the school on a long term basis.
About the role
As the Business Manager, you will be responsible for the non-teaching-related running of the school, as part of a dynamic school management team. Your duties as a Business Manager can include:
- Have relevant qualifications, ideally a school business management specific qualification or similar;
- Have experience of business and finance management;
- Have knowledge and understanding of HR legislation and procedures;
- Be skilled at managing people and systems
- Be able to think strategically and to find creative solutions to problems;
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with different stakeholders and service providers;
- Have energy, positivity and a 'can do' attitude;
- Have the ability to plan, persuade, motivate, negotiate and influence;
- Be committed to continuing professional development;
- Be committed to equal opportunities and effective safeguarding.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Relevant experience as an SBL/CFO or similar role
- Minimum level 2 (GCSE 4-9 or A -C) in Maths and English
- Level 4 or Level 5 Diploma for school business managers qualification
- CIPFA Level 7 Diploma in School Financial and Operational Leadership
- CIPFA Level 4 Diploma in Financial Skills
- A degree or other level 6 qualification, ideally in accountancy, business management or a related discipline
Why choose Engage Education?
- We pay all our staff in line with the Agency Worker Regulations, meaning your pay will be equal to that of a permanent employee
- You will benefit from your own dedicated Engage consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance
- £150 referral bonus for each of your friends you refer to us when they work 10 days or more.
How to apply
If you're as excited about this role as we are, you can apply below - or get in touch with us directly.
If you're not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately you have not been successful for this role. We have a lot of applications to our positions, so don't be disheartened - you are still free to apply to one of our other vacancies that you may be more suited for. We will also keep your CV on file and continue to help you in your search for your next role.
All candidates will be required to undertake a valid enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with GDPR requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!